Tokina is launching new atx-m series targeting the high speed growing mirrorless cameras market with high quality and great cost performance optical lenses. Preserving the Tokina’s advanced technology (atx) new series is marked with “m” letter, that stands for “motif” and “mirrorless”- motivation that Tokina provides to photographer for creating unique and breathtaking photos with mirrorless cameras.
The first lens debuting in atx-m series is 85mm F1.8 FE designed to fit Sony E mount full frame cameras. It is a completely newly designed medium tele photo prime lens in Tokina line-up featuring popular 85mm focal length and fast f/1.8 aperture that is excellent spec combination for shooting portraits, landscapes, street snaps and close up shots. Being manufactured according with Sony-licensed specifications 85mm f/1.8 FE reassures overall quality and joy of capturing the world taking full advantage of the most latest and high advanced functions of Sony mirrorless cameras.
10 optical elements including one SD (Low-dispersion) generate the image with excellent
resolution from corner to corner, high contrast, low distortion / chromatic aberrations, great
compression and nature color rendition. Large diameter front element contributes in low light fall-off and smooth bokeh through all image area.
Mechanics & Electronics
- Quiet, speedy and accurate focusing realized by ST-M focus motor actuation
- Smooth and precise manual focusing thanks to allmetal made unit and high standard grease materials.
The Tokina atx-m 85mm F1.8 FE is made compatible to autofocus and other functions of the Sony camera providing perfect functionality and usability for the photographer.
MF Assist function
Accurate focusing is supported by compatibility to MF Assist function, when fine focusing adjustment is operated by manual rotation of the focusing ring with the simultaneous interlocking with image enlarging function and bar distance display on the monitor.
Full compatibility to AF system
The Tokina atx-m 85mm F1.8 FE is fully compatible with Fast Hybrid AF system and all AF function settings, providing the same AF performance as with proprietary E mount AF lenses. Fine manual focus adjustment along with Face/Eye Priority AF, Real-time Eye AF are also compatible.
Due to the data transmittance ability via electric contacts the camera obtains necessary data from the lens chip to correct shading, distortion and lateral chromatic aberrations. Optical corrections can be done by the camera as well.
5-Axis Image Stabilization
By transmitting focal length data the Tokina atx-m 85mm F/1.8 FE is able to get maximum use of In-Body 5-Axis Image Stabilization function of the camera.
- Simple and sophisticated design and high build quality based on anodized semi-satin finish metal and optical glass materials.
- Smooth and beautiful bokeh, comparatively round light points in out of focus area thanks to fast aperture f/1.8, large diameter of front glass element and low light fall-off performance.
- Outstanding resolving ability from corner to corner thanks to 10 glass elements including 1 SD element.
- Effective ghost and flares care thanks to Tokina’s exclusive Super Low Reflection Coating with water, oil&dust repellent and anti-mist abilities.
- Quiet, speedy and accurate focusing realized by ST-M focus motor actuation.
- Smooth and precise manual focusing thanks to all-metal made unit and high standard grease materials.
- Complete data correspondence with camera body that provides full advantage of the latest features of the Sony A7 serie such as 5-axis image stabilization, MF assist, Face/Eye Priority AF, Real-time Eye AF and the electronic distance scale.
- Greatly balanced cost performance.
- Developed and manufactured in accordance with Sony-licensed specifications.
|Lens Configuration||10-7 (elements/groups)|
|Angle of View||28.5|
|Focus Method||Inner Focus|
|Weight||645g (without caps and hood)|